the research center is a major research division of RSE “Kazhydromet”, the objectives of which are:
1. Forecast variations and future climate change of Kazakhstan on the basis of regional and global climate models;
2. Adaptation of numerical hydrological models for flow forecasting, plains and rivers of Kazakhstan during a flood;
3. The development of methods for forecasting runoff plains and rivers, inflow of water in reservoirs and inland waters;
4. Assessment of surface water resources of water basins;
5. The development of a methodological approach to the optimization of the hydrometeorological network of Kazakhstan;
6. Adaptation of numerical hydrodynamic models for the Caspian sea and development of methods of marine forecasts;
7. Issue operational marine forecasts and forecasts of fluctuations in a surface level of the Kazakhstan part of the Caspian sea and related ice conditions in the Caspian sea.
the research center is comprised of 4 controls:
Manage hydro-meteorological studies of the Caspian sea is engaged in the development of methods of marine forecasts and normative documents, methodological guidelines on the organization and maintenance of the hydrometeorological monitoring Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian sea, has been issuing short-and medium-term, specialized marine forecasts, and long-term forecasts of the fluctuations of the surface level of the Caspian sea and the related surge phenomena and ice conditions in the Caspian sea, carries out the implementation of scientifically–research on hydrometeorological problems of the Caspian sea and the Caspian region.
Management of climate research investigates the Kazakhstan climate and climate-forming factors, with the aim of improving predictions of the large lead time, performs the prediction of the fluctuations and future climate change of Kazakhstan on the basis of regional and global climate models about the expected climate conditions to evaluate the vulnerability of ecosystems, economies, population, state institutions and infrastructure of the state in relation to climate change and the possibilities for adaptation.
Management of meteorological studies and calculations is engaged in development of techniques to forecast crop yields at the regional and district breakdown, combined using ground data with remote sensing, has been working on the modeling of processes of snow accumulation and snowmelt, is engaged in the development and implementation of methods of the forecast of unfavorable weather conditions in the cities of Kazakhstan.
Department of modeling of hydrological processes and hydrological calculations is engaged in the adaptation and implementation of numerical hydrological models, to improve the production forecasts of flow and volume of rivers in Kazakhstan, issues Advisory forecasts for the tributaries to the reservoir Buqtyrma, Solbi, Bestobe, conducts hydrological studies of observed and natural runoff of the major river basins and their parts.